Every man and woman has the same fear, not to have red spots on the face which is called Acne. Acne a problem which starts at very early age and hardly leaves a person. It is the worst of all among skin problems. Acne is the most common skin condition, but mostly least severe. Others can be equally embarrassing and some can never be life-threatening.
Acne is a chronic, inflammatory skin condition that causes spots and pimples, especially on the face, shoulders, back, neck, chest and upper arms. It commonly occurs during puberty, when the sebaceous glands activate, but it can occur at any age. It is not dangerous, but it can leave skin scars.
You may also like:
Causes of acne
- The glands produce oil and stimulated by male hormones
- Oil-based makeups
- Junk Food and
- Sun’s radiation
Home Remedies or Treatment
There are many ways to treat this problem, but it demands consistency. At home, we can treat this problem without investing much. Some authentic and tested solutions are mentioned below.
- Tea-tree Oil
- Excessive water drinking
- Diet includes oil free, spice-free homemade fresh cooked food (Vegetables and Grains mostly)
- More of green vegetables than red meat
- Boiled soft grains
Tea tree oil is mostly prescribed by the skin specialist
Green Tea is always the best skin hydrant for Skin. It makes skin wet and removes dried cells and thus erases Acne.
Excessive water drinking
Our body is made up of 70% water so we need to maintain the water level in our body every single minute. Drinking water washes away the dirt inside like germs, excessive oils etc. So drinking 8-10 glass of water a day is very helpful. Plus fruits containing water is also useful.
Aloe Vera Gel is also helpful.
A range of factors triggers acne, but the main cause is thought to be a rise in androgen levels.
Androgen is a type of hormone. Rising androgen levels cause the oil glands under the skin to grow. The Enlarged gland produces more sebum. Excessive sebum can break down cellular walls in the pores, causing bacteria to grow.
Prevention and Management Tips
- Wash your face more than twice each day with warm water and mild soap or face wash recommended for Acne
- Do not scrub the skin or burst the pimples, as this may push the infection further down, causing more blocking, swelling, and redness.
- Avoid popping pimples, as this makes scarring likelier.
- Avoid touching the face
- Wash hands frequently, before applying lotions etc