Sleep Deprivation Definition:
Sleep deprivation is the condition of not having proper sleep according to requirement. Sleep deprivation can be chronic or acute. it adversely effects the brain and cognitive functions. Sleep Deprivation or Insomnia is the common problem now a days in children and also in adults. It is like viral disease which in spreading fast. In every ten people mostly six are sleep less. The reason behind is fast moving life and urge to work and compete more and more. The more we work the more there is less time to sleep. Sleep Deprivation is not treated in hospitals but it can be treated very easily at homes with some small efforts. it doesn’t need too much money but some time management.
Sleep Deprivation Symptoms, Side Effects:
- Sleepiness or dizziness is the first symptom of sleep deprivation. When we in every gathering can’t enjoy rather feel sleepy.
- Sudden changes in mood, mostly stress or irritated or a lot of anger.
- Improper diet and a lot of stomach issues
- Day time sleep lessens
- Less focus and concentration on work
- Memory and Thinking Problems
- Disorientation , Hallucinations, and Paranoia
- Somatic and Pain Complaints
How to Treat Sleep Deprivation? Or Solutions of Insomnia
- The first and important way is to sleep more and more. for that pills or warm milk can b best.
- Repay your sleep debt. how? Just start sleeping more than the usual routine. If no time to sleep in working days , sleep on vacations. To avoid sleep deprivation there should be scheduled time table. Else its hard to cover it with pills only.
- Early to bed and early waking up can regulate Sleep
- According to new research use of electronics such as tablets, smart phones and televisions have played major role in sleep deprivation.
- Activeness or more of physical work will help in reducing sleepiness at day time.
- Avoid Excessive use of bright lights at least hour before the sleep time.
- Reduce stress before closing eyes
- Yoga can help a lot
- Too much noise is the big problem of big cities . It causes Insomnia very easily. Avoid high volume T.V or videos while sleeping.
- Mostly in summer people have less sleep. It is due to high temperature, rather in winter people can have a lot of good time sleep. so before sleeping we should try to maintain temperature as low as possible.
You would like to read also: