Women mostly at age of 30 -40 can face bone weakness, which is very severe and mostly lead to stressful life. Women compare to men are physically very weak plus the diet taken by females is not sufficient enough. there are many countries of the world where the majority of women are facing bones weaknesses. There need to be awareness program for women to know the causes and treatment of weak bones before it gets too late.
Bones are quite literally the support system of the body, so it is very important to keep them strong and healthy. though weak bones seem like an old person’s problem, there is plenty we can do early in life to make sure bones stay healthy.
Our bodies are building up those bones until about age 30 when they typically reach peak bone mass.
What Women need to know?
Being female puts you at risk of developing osteoporosis and broken bones.
- Of the estimated 80% women in the world have this problem.
- Approximately one in two women over the age of 50 will break a bone because of osteoporosis.
- A woman’s risk of breaking a hip is equal to her combined risk of breast, uterine and ovarian cancer.
- Women tend to have smaller, thinner bones than men.
- Estrogen, a hormone in women that protects bones, decreases sharply when women reach menopause, which can cause bone loss. This is why the chance of developing osteoporosis increases as women reach menopause.
Osteoporosis is the disease that is most likely to cause weak bones. It is more common in older people, especially women. But it doesn’t have to happen to you when you get older. That’s because for many people Osteoporosis can be prevented.
- Get enough calcium and vitamin D, and eat a well-balanced diet.
- Don’t smoke or drink.
- know your family history if anyone having this weakness.
- The new discovered vitamin K is very helpful in growing bones
- Potassium is another mineral which can help in strengthening bones and making it powerful
- Consume less caffeine
But the easiest way to overcome this problem is drinking milk while pregnant or in normal conditions. Exercise or simple walk can relief further.
You would like to read :